Top Ten Of The Latest Gardening Trends In The UK - 2023
by Sally Littlestone on Feb 24, 2023
Top 10 of the Latest Gardening Trends 2023
- Sustainable Gardening - Sustainable gardening practices have been gaining popularity in recent years, and this gardening trend is set to continue in 2023. Sustainable gardening involves using eco-friendly gardening practices such as composting, using rainwater, and planting native species that require less maintenance. By adopting these practices, gardeners can reduce their environmental impact while creating beautiful and healthy gardens.
- Indoor Gardening - As more people spend time indoors, indoor gardening is becoming increasingly popular. Indoor gardening allows gardeners to bring a bit of nature into their homes, whether through houseplants, hydroponics, or vertical gardens. This trend is perfect for those who want to add a touch of greenery to their homes, but don't have access to an outdoor space.
- Vertical Gardening - Vertical gardening involves growing plants on walls, trellises, and other vertical surfaces. This trend is perfect for those who have limited outdoor space but still want to enjoy the benefits of gardening. Vertical gardens can also add a unique and visually appealing touch to any outdoor space.
- Edible Landscaping - Edible landscaping is a trend that involves planting edible plants alongside ornamental plants. This trend is perfect for those who want to grow their own food but also want a beautiful and visually appealing garden. Edible landscaping can include everything from fruit trees to herbs and vegetables.
- Biophilic Design - Biophilic design is a trend that involves using natural materials, living plants, and natural light to create indoor and outdoor spaces that promote well-being. Biophilic design can be incorporated into any type of garden, from small balconies to large outdoor spaces.
- Native Plant - Gardening Native plant gardening involves planting species that are native to a particular area. This trend is perfect for those who want to support local ecosystems and promote biodiversity. Native plants are also typically easier to care for and require less maintenance than non-native species.
- Container Gardening - Container gardening is a popular trend that involves growing plants in containers rather than in the ground. Container gardening is perfect for those who have limited outdoor space or want to grow plants that are not native to their area. Containers can include everything from traditional flowerpots to repurposed items such as old tires or buckets.
- Low-Maintenance - Gardening With busy lifestyles, low-maintenance gardening practices are becoming increasingly popular. Low-maintenance gardening involves using plants that require less watering and pruning, as well as using eco-friendly gardening practices such as mulching and composting. This trend is perfect for those who want a beautiful garden without spending a lot of time and effort.
- Outdoor Living Spaces - Outdoor living spaces are becoming increasingly popular, as people look for ways to create comfortable and functional outdoor spaces for relaxation, dining, and entertaining. Outdoor living spaces can include everything from cozy seating areas to outdoor kitchens and dining spaces.
- Regenerative Gardening - Regenerative gardening practices focus on building soil health, increasing biodiversity, and reducing the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. This trend is perfect for those who want to create a sustainable and eco-friendly garden. By adopting regenerative gardening practices, gardeners can create healthy and thriving gardens while reducing their environmental impact.