Terms of service
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms or require any changes, please contact us to discuss.
Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Stiled Ltd a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 12626361 and our registered office is at Bank House 6 - 8 Church Street, Adlington, Chorley, Lancashire, England, PR7 4EX. Our registered VAT number is 363 2226 19.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01295 231377 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
Our contract with you
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- We only sell to the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from or deliver to addresses outside the UK.
- Free Samples. When you order free samples or free events, you are also implicitly allowing us to contact you via email for sales and marketing purposes. We will mark you as a subscriber in our system and you can let us know at any time if you want to be unsubscribed by using the unsubscribe link in any of our marketing emails.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because our products are made from natural materials, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website have a % tolerance.]
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- Making sure your measurements are accurate. If we are supplying the product to measurements you have given us you are responsible for ensuring that these measurements are correct.
Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 8- Your rights to end the contract).
Our rights to make changes
- Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements.
- More significant changes to the products and these terms. If we wish to make more significant changes to the products we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received.
Providing the products
- Place of delivery. Delivery is kerbside delivery and will be conducted in accordance with our delivery policy in effect from time to time and which is published on our website. You will be responsible for complying with all regulations, permits and charges and for all steps which need to be taken for the protection of persons or property. You will reimburse us for all reasonable losses, damages, costs and expenses we may incur as a result of such delivery, whether on the public highway or elsewhere. We will only be liable for all losses caused by our own negligence.
- When we will provide the products. Where possible, we will provide you with an estimated delivery date during the ordering process. If this is not possible, we will contact you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we are able. Delivery dates are estimates only and time shall not be of the essence. We currently provide a 2-Day Delivery Service (Cut-off 11am. Delivers between 8am - 6pm). If you prefer a delivery service beyond our standard 2-days, please send an email to email@example.com indicating the date(s) you prefer, and we will work with you directly.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received and which have not been placed for delivery.
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery, you must contact us to rearrange delivery and will be responsible for payment of additional delivery charges.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery we will contact you for further instructions and will charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
- If you do not allow us access to deliver products or if delivery cannot be completed due to access issues.If you do not allow us access to your property to deliver the products as arranged or if we cannot complete delivery due to access issues at the delivery address which you did not advise us of, we will charge you additional costs incurred by us as a result. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange access to your property or to make alternative delivery arrangements, we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
- When you become responsible for the products. The product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us.
- When you own goods. You own a product once we have received payment in full.
- What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, delivery address, access, parking restrictions). If so, this will have been stated in the description of the products on our website. We will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and clause 10.2 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it or if the information provided is inaccurate.
- Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 60 days and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
- We may also suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to (see clause 12.4) and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the products. As well as suspending the products we can also charge you interest on your overdue payments (see clause 12.5).
- Inspection of products. You are responsible for checking the products at the time of delivery and the products must not be affixed to any land or buildings prior to inspection. If you are not satisfied with the products, or if they do not conform to your order or, if they are damaged or faulty or, if they are not satisfactory quality or are otherwise defective, you should reject the products on delivery.
- Acceptance of products. Your acceptance of the products can take place in the following ways;
- a) By telling us that you have accepted the products
- b) By altering or customising the Goods in any way
- c) By affixing the products to any land or buildings
- d) By keeping the products longer than a reasonable time without telling us you have rejected them.
Your rights to end the contract
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2;
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods;
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see [clause 8.7OR clause 8.8].
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (d) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 6.2);
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right, if you are a consumer, to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- When you don't have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- How long do I have to change my mind? you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the Products unless Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the goods.
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind (see clause 8.1), you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. Our contract with you is completed when the product is delivered and paid for. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you have not changed your mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
- How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call customer services on 01295 231377 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- By post. Write to us at Stiled @ Park Farm, Culworth Grounds, Thorpe Mandeville, Banbury OX17 2HW, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. Details of our Returns policy can be found at https://www.stiled.com/returns. You must either return the goods in person or arrange for them to be returned to us. WE DO NOT OFFER A COLLECTIONS SERVICE. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must return the products within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products, less the reasonable costs paid by us for delivery, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling of them. See our Returns page https://www.stiled.com/returns for information about what handling is acceptable and examples. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days of the product being returned to us.
- Our rights to end the contract
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, delivery address, access, parking restrictions; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
- If there is a problem with the product
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at 01295 231377 or write to us at email@example.com
- Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 12.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- Delivery costs. In most cases (with the exception of certain postcodes), the cost of delivery of products within 3-5 working days is included in the price for the products when you spend more than £350. You may also pay for express 1-2 day delivery with costs calculated at checkout. If you are required to pay extra for delivery, you will be notified of this. It may not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. Our delivery charges, where applicable, are specifically quoted on each order. We will deliver the products to the kerbside to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order. You must supply us with all the information we reasonably require enabling us to determine whether we will be able to deliver the products and the most appropriate method. If delivery is unsuccessful due to;
- a) An inaccurate or incomplete delivery address
- b) No one being present to accept delivery
- c) Inaccessibility
- d) Unsuitable or unsafe premises
You will be charged additional delivery charges for every attempted redelivery (up to a maximum of three delivery attempts at our sole discretion). Delivery is carried out by a third-party contractor. If you keep the delivery vehicle waiting for an unreasonable time or the delivery driver is obliged to return without completing delivery, a reasonable additional charge will be made reflecting the extra service provided.
- What happens if we got the price wrong.It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with most major debit and credit cards. You must pay for the products and delivery at the time of ordering.
- We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 3% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank PLC from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
- What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
- We reserve the right to increase the price of the products by giving notice to you prior to delivery to cover;
- a) any increase in our costs which are beyond our control, including, without limitation, foreign exchange fluctuation, significant increase in the costs of labour, materials, or other costs of manufacture
- b) any change in delivery dates, quantities or specification of the products which are requested by you
- c) Any delay caused by your failure to give adequate information or instructions If you do not wish to pay the higher price, you may cancel your order and we will refund any payments made by you.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill[, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable]. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products including the right to receive products which are: as described and match information we provided to you and any sample or model seen or examined by you; of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose made known to us; and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- When we are liable for damage to your property. If we are delivering products to your property, we will make good any damage to your property caused by us while doing so. However, we are not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property that we discover while providing the services.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If the products we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity. If the products we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you;
- a) unless you notify us in writing at our registered office within 5 working days of delivery
- b) if you have affixed the products to any land or buildings
- c) if the defect or fault was brought to your attention on or before the time of sale
- d) if you inspected the products on or before the time of delivery and the defect or fault was or should have been readily noticeable
- e) If the defect arises from your wilful actions, negligence, abnormal working conditions, misuse, alteration or repair of the products, failure to follow instructions relevant to the products or storage of the products in unsuitable conditions
- f) If the defect is a result of fair wear and tear.
If you notify a problem under this condition, our obligation will be at our option;
- a) to make good any shortage or non-delivery
- b) to repair or replace any Goods that are damaged or defective
- c) to make a reduction in the defective products
- d) to refund to you the amount paid for the products in whatever way we choose (unless you have accepted the products)
For the avoidance of doubt, we will be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow our instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alternation or repair of the products without our approval.
Nature of products The products are produced from natural materials and there may be significant colour and texture differences in products in the same range or order. Samples are provided as an indication of colour and texture only. We will not accept any returns or make refunds due to such variances.
- How we may use your personal information
- Usage and Precautions
15.1 The products require the use of protective footwear and gloves when handling. Manual handling of products may cause injury and should be avoided. Good lifting practices must always be adopted when handling the products.
15.2 Dust and flying fragments may be created when cutting the products and protective respiratory and eye protective equipment must be worn when cutting or handling the strapping and packaging. Care should be taken on releasing or removing the packaging to ensure items do not fall from the pack.
15.3 The products may be delivered with steel or plastic straps under tension or secure polythene wrapping. Appropriate hand and eye protection must be worn when cutting or handling the strapping and packaging. Slabs should be lifted from the top of the crate instead of breaking the sides of the crate to avoid risk of slabs falling out of the pallet and causing an injury.
15.4 The products and any packaging should be disposed of in accordance with local authority requirements for non-hazardous materials.
By placing your order, you allow us to use your personal details for the purpose of supplying the products (including passing your details on to our employees / agents). We may share your information within our Company network for purposes connected to or relating to the fulfilment of your order or for other internal accounting or compliance purposes. We will not use your details for any other purpose, without seeking your prior consent.
Other important terms
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.