Porcelain vs Natural Stone Tiles - Which Is Right For You And Your Garden?
by Sally Littlestone on Feb 20, 2023
Natural Stone Tiles:
Porcelain Tiles vs Natural Stone Tiles
- Durability - Porcelain tiles are extremely durable and can withstand high levels of foot traffic, making them a great choice for high-traffic areas such as kitchens, bathrooms and patios. Natural stone can also be durable, but it can be more susceptible to scratches, chips and staining.
- Moisture Resistant - Porcelain tiles are highly moisture-resistant, making them ideal for damp or wet environments, such as bathrooms and outdoor kitchens. Natural stone, on the other hand, can be porous and susceptible to staining and mildew.
- Cost - Porcelain tiles can be more affordable than natural stone, especially if you are choosing a high-end natural stone such as marble or granite.
- Maintenance - Porcelain tiles are relatively low-maintenance, requiring only regular cleaning and the occasional resealing. Natural stone, on the other hand, may require more frequent sealing and cleaning, especially in areas where it is exposed to moisture or stains.
- Consistency - Porcelain tiles are manufactured in a controlled environment, which allows for consistent colour, pattern and texture. Natural stone, on the other hand, can vary widely in terms of colour, pattern and texture, which makes it more difficult to match if you need to replace a tile or two.